Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Friday Night at the GRAM

After muddling through my Friday (Thursday night is Ladies Night at Bar Divani) I was looking forward to an atypical low key night at home, however, when Eloise called me at the last minute to stand in as her date for the evening I couldn’t refuse. She had been planning to catch the Diana - A Celebration exhibition at the Grand Rapids Art Museum with her husband but when both children simultaneously came down with the stomach flu he graciously offered to stay home with them while she enjoyed the well deserved night out.


I quickly threw together an outfit which included a Vince blouse, Eileen Fisher wrap, Laura Jorge necklace, and faux leather pants by A Woman. In contrast Eloise was perfectly put together in a Valentino Red jacket, Michael Stars turtleneck, Robert Rodriguez necklace, and Vince jeans.

The exhibition was amazing! I was thrilled to see Princess Di's numerous designer dresses including her famous royal wedding gown. When we meandered back into the lobby we were pleasantly surprised to discover live piano music and a stocked bar. We both enjoyed a cocktail and I immediately began to feel more like myself. I began conversing with an immaculately dressed tall, dark, and handsome and learned that a panel discussion on fashion had been planned for the evening as part of the Friday Night Conversations at the GRAM. Of course we had to attend! Eloise and I followed my new friend into the cafe where we learned what inspires local fashion designers Kirk Johnson and Benjamin Gott. Although it was at the expense of the sick kiddies (who I’ve been told are all better now) Eloise and I enjoyed an amazing, unexpected, fashion-infused evening out together!

No comments:

Post a Comment