Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Black Friday!!!

Chatting with Marti Reamon at Leigh's on Black Friday!


I was looking forward to a Thanksgiving holiday away from the stress of work, but corralling my husband and two children to help in the kitchen (without disaster or injury) proved quite a task. My husband wrestled with trussing the turkey, my 7-year-old daughter decorated our sweet potato casserole with a bag of marshmallows and I assisted my 4-year-old son, the resident potato masher.

Lola arrived to dinner fashionably late with a tall dark and handsome…cake from Nantucket Baking Company and a visiting Spanish beau of the same description.

After everyone was lulled into food comas, I was able to wind down with a glass of wine while I perused a flood of Black Friday inserts from the Press. Lola rang to convince me that Leigh’s would be our first stop on our shop till we drop date.


Sure to be dressed for the occasion, we set out to brave the hordes of eager, early shoppers Friday morning wearing layered ensembles that were perfect for enduring our shopping marathon.
Lola and I both wore cozy cashmere sweaters.

I kept warm with a wool Milly jacket while Lola bundled up in her self-proclaimed “Wookie Fashionista” fur coat by Peter Nathan over A Woman leather pants. Not willing to sacrifice fashion for comfort, Lola stepped out in stilettos while I slipped on a cozy pair of Cole Haan shearling boots. To keep us going on our holiday shopping mission, Lola stuffed her 3.1 Phillip Lim bag full of energy bars and ad inserts so we could take advantage of the best deals in town!

Aside from my wonderful family and good health I am thankful for Lola, bottles of cabernet sauvignon and dark chocolate, cashmere throws and sweaters, continuing holiday traditions and another winter wonderland in the beautiful city of Grand Rapids. What are you thankful for this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment